ColumbiaDoctors congratulates the nearly 300 employees who have successfully completed the ColumbiaDoctors Learning Academy’s COMPASS customer service track. Those employees who completed the track by October 31 were awarded certificates of completion and thank-you gifts from the faculty practice.
Kate Dauer, director, patient access for ColumbiaDoctors, says there is a clear correlation between completion of the COMPASS coursework and positive patient experiences. “It’s a very encouraging sign that we are making such great progress by way of educating and empowering our employees. Patients can really see the difference,” Dauer said.
Departments with an average attendance rate of 60 percent for the five initial courses of the customer service and people management tracks saw an increase in their overall Press Ganey scores from fiscal year 2011 to fiscal year 2013.
The five initial courses were:
- COMPASS Customer Service: Committing to a Culture of Service
- COMPASS Customer Service: Professional Communication Skills
- COMPASS Customer Service: Handling Challenging Situations
- COMPASS People Management: Managing for Patient-Centered Care
- COMPASS People Management: Staff Assessment and Development
Have you completed training? You can sign up now for courses here.