Thomson Reuters Corporation, a mass media and information firm well known for publishing the impact factors of scientific journals, has named 11 CUMC scientists to its list of the world’s most influential scientific minds of 2014.
To produce the list, Thomson Reuters analyzed citation data over an 11-year period (2002–12), identifying those who had published the highest-impact research papers.
- Linda Fried (dean, Mailman School of Public Health)
- Deborah Hasin (epidemiology)
- Rene Hen (neuroscience and pharmacology)
- Gilad Kuperman (biomedical informatics)
- Martin Leon (cardiology)
- Jeffrey Lieberman (psychiatry)
- John Mann (translational neuroscience)
- Mark Olfson (psychiatry)
- Serge Przedborski (neurology and pathology)
- Gregg Stone (cardiology)
- Scott Stroup (psychiatry)
The list also includes Columbia pediatric cardiologist Robyn Barst, who died in 2013.