Winter Operations Update as of 2 p.m., Thursday, March 5, 2015
Dear Columbia Community,
The Emergency Management Operations Team continues to monitor the latest forecast for winter weather. The University is open for normal operations on Thursday, March 5, 2015.
However, Mailman School of Public Health will cancel all classes and activities that begin at 5:30 p.m. or later today. Students with 4 p.m. classes will hear from their instructors through CourseWorks about whether their class will meet.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building, or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 212-305-HELP or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Public Safety, call 212-305-8100 for routine matters or 212-305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
The following Morningside campus gates will be closed until further notice for snow removal and icy conditions:
- College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam). College Walk main gates will remain open.
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Please note the following Columbia Transportation updates:
- University shuttles will be operating but may experience weather-related delays. For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call 212-854-2222, 24 hours a day.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website:http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website: www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/, and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
We urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about weather conditions. Please exercise caution when traveling or going outside.
Remember, stay safe and exercise caution if you need to travel.