Winter Operations Update as of 10 AM, Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015
The Emergency Management Operation Team monitors current and forecast conditions. No changes to university or medical center operations are anticipated, as of this time. Please exercise caution and dress in warm layers when traveling or going outside.
- University shuttles will be operating but may experience weather-related delays. For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building, or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 212-305-HELP or email email@example.com. For Public Safety, call 212-305-8100 for routine matters or 212-305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
The following Morningside campus gates will be closed when necessary for snow removal and icy conditions:
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building. Please use the interior route instead.
College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam). College Walk main gates will remain open.
To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call 212-854-2222, 24 hours a day.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website: mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/nyc
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/, and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
[End of Update posted at 11:30 am Feb. 1, 2015. Updated at 6 am, Feb. 2 and 10 am on Feb. 15.]